Monday, May 5, 2014

Adequate Sleep

Nothing eloquent tonight.  Not that my posts are ever particularly eloquent.  I am tired, so I am going to give my body the rest that it deserves just as soon as I hack out a post here.  So, nothing eloquent.

Today was pretty harsh.  I slept through almost every alarm today, which nearly caused me to miss my 6 am class, and actually did cause me to miss the 4:30 pm class this afternoon.  I woke up with a start at 4:25 and it was obvious that I wasn't going to make it downhill to class in just five minutes, so I ended up going to the 6:30 pm class instead, which is why I am writing this now and not already in bed.

Sleeping through alarms just added stronger punctuation to something I was already aware of.  A clear sign that I am not giving my body enough sleep.

If I had not made it clear in earlier posts, this challenge has required a lot more sleep than usual.  It is pretty common for me to come home from my morning class, shower, eat, and then fall right back asleep until lunch.  I am trying to find a happy medium where I am not sleeping the day away and still able to tend to other things in my life regularly, but I am going to start with making sure that I am getting to sleep plenty early at night.

Speaking of sleep, this is me signing off to go and do just that.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment