Saturday, April 19, 2014

Letters from Hong Kong


A little over a year ago I got an unexpected letter from Hong Kong.
Gwynneth is my niece, daughter of my youngest sister, who transcribed the letter.  I loved that my young niece had drawn a picture to send to me, though I'm not sure entirely what it was a drawing of.  That may be a mystery that is lost to the ages.

Then, just today I received another letter, for which a little less transcription was required, complete with a ballet fairy and a fancy chicken.
I love having a little developing artist in the family, and developing has been a theme for me today.

I really paid the piper this morning after going dancing last night, but in this afternoon's class I could really begin to see how I am beginning to develop again.  Struggling the last few days, I finally felt today like I found a new base to start working from.  Where I felt like I had lost a lot of strength and stability, I am again starting to make gains.

The gains are small, and I don't expect that anyone else would really notice.  Certainly I am still a novice and beginner when it comes to Bikram Yoga, but who knows where I will be in a little over a year.  Perhaps the random squiggles that are my current attempts at the postures will develop into half moons, bows, tortoises, camels, and fancy chickens.

On the subject of letters, I'm excited to say that several people have agreed to do guest blog posts for Yoga, Crazy & Me.  I am hugely thankful for those that have agreed to share their thoughts, and I am excited to see what they have to say.  I will be posting them as I receive them, so expect them sporadically over the next week and a half as I approach the conclusion of this endeavor.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment