Friday, April 18, 2014

Blues

Tonight a short post, I think.

If you have been following along, you know that the last several days have been a little rough.  I am finding that my stabilizer muscles and joints are getting sore and starting to fatigue.  I have been listening extra closely to my body as I move forward with doubles, and in the last couple of days have found that I have needed to sit out a set or two (or three).

Initially I was stressing out about my new limitations.  It seemed like most of what I had experienced so far was growth, and this really was the first time I felt a bit like I was taking steps backwards.

This morning was the first time in a couple of days that I just let it go, realized I could only do what my body was going to let me, and that anything that I was able to do was good enough.

I was surprised to find that I was able to dance tonight with relative ease.

I didn't know what to expect after such a rough week of yoga, but I was able to dance for three hours tonight at Friday Night Fusion.  I had a fantastic time learning to dance to the blues, and I would have stayed until midnight if I didn't have to write a blog post and get up first thing in the morning for yoga.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment