Sunday, April 20, 2014

Forty Classes

It is hard to believe that I am two-thirds of the way finished already with my thirty day challenge.  That is twenty days, forty classes, and sixty hours of yoga so far this month, with just another ten days to go.

Since I conquered triangle pose with a smile, I have successfully held every set of every class since, and I'm continuing to see progress in the posture.

I am getting daily feedback and encouragement from teachers and other practitioners at the studio, which is great.  I have also started to get the "oh you're the guy doing two a day" from people at the studio, which I find entertaining.  It is nice to have the support and community, especially through the middle third of my challenge when I was struggling a little more.

I really feel like I am building again, which is great.  No phenomenal breakthroughs like early in my practice, but gradual improvement and continued growth since finding my base again.

There have been just a few hiccups.  My right elbow has been persistently sore for several days now, more so than my other joints, which are seeing similar stress.  I am keeping a very careful watch on my joints and making sure I don't push through anything painful, even if it means stepping out of standing bow pulling posture a lot recently.

Also, this afternoon in the first set of awkward pose, I fell out of the third part backwards with surprising result.  Falling backward is not unusual, it seems like I have fallen backward out of the posture at least once a day for the last three weeks.  This afternoon however, when I rolled back, my vertebra cracked all the way up my spine like a zipper.  It was the strangest sensation, like getting an adjustment at the chiropractor, although with more falling and that edge of panic before you determine that everything is fine.  I was a little tentative through the next few postures, but everything seems to be normal, so now I can laugh about giving myself an adjustment during my fortieth yoga class this month.

It looks as though my body is going to let me go the full thirty days, which is a huge relief.  I had had my doubts through this middle third of the challenge, but now I can see the finish line, and this body is going to get me there just fine.

Thank you so much for following along with me on my journey.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment