Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Regular Maintenance

Yesterday marked the beginning of a ten day vacation.  Not a vacation in the typical sense, a vacation from work. In fact I'm happy to be getting hours in doing some rideshare driving (see yesterday's post). Rather, a vacation from some poor food habits that I'm looking to correct again.  Old habits die hard, and I've found eating habits can be especially difficult, especially when combined with stress.

I find that a cleanse can be good regular maintenance. Like the regular maintenance you do for a vehicle, your body needs some care and attention. With all the stress of the last several months, I had been feeling some adrenal fatigue, so it will be good to have a clean reset to combine with my new morning meditation routine (as part of my Miracle Morning).

Not focusing on food gives me a much needed break to reflect on the trajectory of my health and the choices I make.  I come out the other side of the ten days much more than physically transformed.  Expect to see more in this space over the next ten days about this process.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment