Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Don't Break the Chain

I first heard about "don't break the chain" in an article referencing Jerry Seinfeld's use of the method.  With a little investigation I found that he hadn't originated the practice, but adopted it as his own.

The idea is, when starting a new habit, or trying to be more regular with a habit you are already developing, cross off the days on a calendar as you complete your intended routine, and try to string together as many days as possible without breaking the chain, or missing a day.  The other, imperative part is to make sure that if you do miss a day, you only miss that one day before starting a new chain.

How long can you keep the chain going? Can you beat your previous best?  Focusing on your achievements in keeping the chain going rather than the times you miss your routine, is immeasurably helpful in developing and maintaining the correct mindset.

Mindset is everything.

I broke my chain.  Like, really broke it.  As evidenced by the couple weeks of missing blog posts from my miracle morning routine.

From now on I am starting an accountability chain with my miracle morning.  This is the way I want to start my day every day!

Thank you for reading.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment